This photo was taken yes just before my 6th and last chemo 23 March 2007. Pauline and I cladded in our bright outfits and Sally and Angela my lovely chemo nurses. Below photo of icicles after having cold cap on.After talking to the chemo nurses about their experience with people having Herceptin they seemed quite positive about at least starting it as they monitor you regularly for any bad side effects. You have to be in the hospital for about 9 hours the first time you have it and after that for about an hour and a half. Bad side effects on your heart are the worst but they assured me that they weren't very common and that the side effects got less as you have the injections (once every 3 weeks for one year). So now deliberating whether to go ahead with the Herceptin or not as Oncologist has not encouraged it. He did say that the best time to beat breast cancer was the first time. My computer percentage of breast cancer is very high 96% (with the chemo) and the Herceptin would make it 98% that the cancer would not return within 10 years. Because Herceptin is relatively newly known about (approximately 5 years) it is a hard decision to make.
Anyway Yippy my last chemo has been done and I will let you know on a daily basis any side effects that I may have and how I am feeling!! Thanks again for all your support and time and thoughts!!

No comments:
Post a Comment